Friday, September 11, 2009

What is This Follow Friday Thing?

Twitter users love to be recommended by others as worthy of a "follow."  Every Friday, thousands of people on Twitter highlight friends and favorites in the Twitterverse to other to follow.  It's like a stamp of quality - a reference from others.

Use the culture of Follow Friday to recommend key public officials and allies that should know more about your issue or following you for future public policy actions.  The public officials will appreciate your vote of confidence and will be more likely to follow you back. 

Use the hashtag #FollowFriday or #FF to let others know why you're listing groups of names.  Be sure to put the "@" symbol before each friends name so others can click straight through to add their name as a follower to your suggested friend.

1 comment:

  1. That's an interesting way of looking at it, never thought about it that way.

    Personally, I am anti-Follow Friday but I'll spare plugging my post in your comments. I think people just take it way too personally sometimes. I ask people to NOT plug me on #FF because I don't appreciate the @spam, but for a political agenda I can definitely see the benefits.

    ReplyDelete